a few things.
- bought Schwalbe tires, but not rode them yet
- my favorite cheap film was discontinued, and did some searching to stock up a little
- my roommate and a friend left for a 3week tour on the northern west coast. Stoked for them and wishing i could do the same
- picked up a nice linen travel towel, and have been using it. linen is great stuff
- thinking about the letters P,B and J. Pictures, Biking and Jobs. I want to tour around and take pictures of people who work in manufacturing jobs. Things like Red Wing or Western Mountaineering.
- not yet made a decision on a color for my new frame, but heard about a black powder coat that has a spectrum of color reflected in the sun
- still contemplating options for doing, or not doing video on a future tour
- also the options for solar charging, or just spotting outdoor outlets
- reading a book, The Slow Way Down by Gerald Coniel
Thinking more about Pictures Biking and Jobs project idea. The amount of effort i would need to give it. What the main focus would be. Practical aspects like finding and connecting with people while on the road. And how would the stories be told, presented. I believe there are enough people interested in the parts separately and also combined specifically. I would hope i could be reputable enough to be allowed to visit work spaces and learn about the jobs, the people, and the goods they make. And take portraits.
Cant decide what cassette to install. My last tour was 12-25 with cassette cogs: 12,13,14,15,16,17,19,21,23,25
Shimano Ultegra 6700 10-Speed 12-30t
Cassette Cogs: 12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-27-30
SRAM PG-1050 10 speed 12-28t
Cassette Cogs: 12-13-14-15-16-17-19-22-25-28
Miche Shimano splined 10 speed 12-27t
Cassette Cogs: 12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25-27